Adoption Policies & Procedures
Please read our adoption process before contacting us to adopt a dog. It has all the information you will need to make sure that you are ready to adopt one of our dogs. We make a commitment to everyone of our dogs to find them a safe home where they will be loved, taken care of, and cherished for the rest of their life. We make a commitment to you to help find the most compatible dog for your lifestyle, experience, other pets, personality and wants. We want each and every one of our dogs to find homes where they will spend the rest of their lives in.
Adoption Policies & Requirements :
- We require for every dog to live indoors
- We require our dogs to not spend more than 6-8 hours at the most in their crates at a time
- We require that the adopters dogs must be either spayed or neutered, current on vaccines and rabies. ( We will call your vet and ask for records , or ask for you to send them to us )
- All adults in the household must be in agreement to adopting our dog.
- All dogs in the adopters care need to be on a heartworm preventative and flea and tick preventative.
- Adopter must agree that if for any reason they cannot keep their adopted dog that they must contact us to find the dog a new home or approve a new home they have found. Must agree that the dog will never be turned in to a shelter and must be surrendered back to us.
- If the adopted dog is lost or stolen, the adopter is required to notify us immediately.
- The adopted dog is to be part of the adopting family for their lifetime.
- Under no circumstances will the dogs appearance be altered for cosmetic purposes.
- Adopter agrees to have the adopted dog vaccinated against the rabies shot yearly and up to date on shots.
- Adopter agrees that the adopted dog will be kept on heartworm prevention and receive annual health checks.
- Dogs are not allowed to be tethered or chained as a means of confinement.
- Dogs must be exercised on a leash or in a fenced area daily.
- We require for adopters to stay in contact with us and provide updates via texting or Facebook
- We reserve the right to perform scheduled or non scheduled post adoption home visits to ensure the dog is happy and living under the terms of the adoption contact.
- Adopter must agree to follow our proper introduction procedure to ensure the safety of their pets and adopted dogs.
- Adopter must agree to keep a collar with an ID tag on the dog at all times and to never transport the dog outside of the vehicle, such as a bed of a pick up truck.
- Adopter must understand that if their information was false, and they do not follow the adoption requirements, that Caitlin’s Vine Of Bravery has the right to terminate the adoption contract, and immediately confiscate the adopted dog without warning.
- An adoption application
- A phone interview to review the application
- Reference and vet check
- Landlord Approval
- Home Ownership Verification
- Meet and greet
- Home Check
- Post adoption follow up
Dogs – $125-$175
Puppies – $250-$3oo
$50 Discount for second dog
Fosters receive $50 off the adoption fee if they decide to adopt their foster dog.
We allow a 7 day trial period for adoptions. The adoption fee will be paid up front and if the adopter decides to cancel their contract then half the fee will be refunded.
Foster To Adopt, ( Dogs in Boarding ) : Fostering to adopt is a great way to see if a dog is right for you before committing to adoption. If you wish to adopt a certain dog that is in need of a foster home or are wanting to take home a dog to see how it goes, you can Foster to Adopt.
- You have 7 days to decide if you either want to adopt, foster the dog, or return the dog in exchange for a different dog. During those 7 days that dog will still be advertised as needing a foster or adopter. Within those 7 days you have first priority over the dog if you wish to adopt. If there are other adoption applications for the dog, we’ll ask that you make a decision about whether you want to move forward with adopting. If the answer is “yes,” then you’ll just need to pay the adoption fee and sign the adoption contract.
- The dog will either be brought to you during the home visit or you will have to be pick the dog up at our boarding facility.
- If you decide to not keep the dog, you must take the dog back to the boarding facility.
- Half the adoption fee will be paid upfront as a deposit and the other half paid after the adoption is finalized.
- If within the 7 days you feel that the dog is not the perfect fit for you and your family then the money will be returned to you. If you want to bring home another dog for a trial, then we will hold onto it.
- If after the 7 days you tell us you wish to adopt but then back out, the deposit fee will be kept as a donation.
- If after the 7 days you tell us you only want to foster but then back out without giving us 10 days notice, then we will also keep the deposit as a donation.
Foster To Adopt: Some of our puppies and dogs are not quite ready to be adopted ( due to illness, booster shots, rabies, heartworm treatment, having to wait to be fixed etc. ) If you are wanting to adopt one of our dogs or puppies that are not ready to be completely adopted, you can foster to adopt. It’ll require half the adoption fee paid up front and the other half once the adoption has been completed. If the adopter ends up not wanting to adopt, the fee is non refundable and will be considered as a donation where we can provide a tax receipt. Adopter must transport puppies to their vet appointments.
- If you are wanting to foster or adopt a dog that is in boarding, but not sure which one, you may bring one home for the night and continue to do so until you have decided which one is the perfect fit.
Each animal has received the following veterinarian care prior to adoption:
- Wellness Exam
- Spay and Neuter
- Distemper Vaccination
- Bordatella ( each dog varies )
- Rabies Vaccination
- Heartworm Test
- Fecal Test
- Flea & Tick Treatment
- Heartworm Preventative
We understand that not everyone agrees with our policies and requirements. Everyone has different opinions about dog ownership. Our policies are in place after experience and what we believe is on the best interest of our dogs we have up for adoption.
We ask that you will be honest about wether you can agree with our requirements. We do follow ups to make sure that adopters are following the policies. We have the right to reclaim the dog if the adoptive family is not fulfilling their adoption commitments.
We are always available for questions and for advice.